Frequently asked questions about mailing
1. What are the steps for Direct Mailing service?
Place your order on the Printbuys.com Trade web site
Complete proper mailing form and upload your provided mailing list
Payment of mailing service charges and postage fees
Approval of PAMF (proof authorization mailing form)
2. What are the minimum pieces required for mailing?
- Presorted Standard - minimum 200 pieces
- Presorted First Class - minimum 500 pieces
- Non-Presort First Class - minimum 200 pieces
- Non-Profit (Standard) - minimum 200 pieces
3. What type of paper can we ink jet for mailing?
We can ink jet on paper that does not have UV coating on postage side and address block.
- 100lb book
- 100lb cover
- 4/1 14 or 16pt
- 4/4 Spot UV or UV Front
- Matte 14pt or 16pt
- 70lb bright white
4. What is the address/indicia layout for mailing?
You must have: 4w x 2.5h inches of blank space at the bottom right hand corner for addressing and barcode. 1w x 1h inches of blank space at the top right hand corner for the indicia/permit. (see figure below)
5. What is included in mailing services?
- Data process of one mailing list ($25 for each additional list)
- C.A.S.S. Certification (Coding Accuracy Support System)
- N.C.O.A (National Change of Address)
- De-dupe list
- Ink-jet setup and addressing
- Post Office delivery
6. How much is mailing service charge?
The mailing service charge is based on the quantity of your mailing order.
7. What is the turnaround for mailing?
Mailing turnaround begins once PAMF is received. PAMF form submitted before the 1 P.M. (P.S.T) deadline will be considered the first day of turnaround. Here are the turnaround times for data processing:
200 - 25,000
1 - 3 business days
30,000 - 60,000
3 - 5 business days
70,000 - 100,000
8. How do we get postage estimate?
Postage rates are on the mailing services site. Actual postage costs will be determined once we process your provided mailing list.
9. Is postage included in the mailing service cost?
No, postage is a separate charge.
10. How do we pay for mailing services?
Mailing services charges will be calculated at the time of your print
Order when you choose the option "Yes, Direct Mail by Printbuys"
This charge will be included in your sub-total at the end of your
order process and these charges will be applied to the credit card
you use to place the order.
11. How do we pay for postage?
Postage has to be paid by check only.
12. What is a PAMF?
Proof Authorization Mailing Form. Proof that is e-mailed to you after postage payment has been received and printing completed. Proof shows indicia and one random name from customer's mailing list ink jet on mailer to show placement. Indicia indicates the class of mailing.
13. What happens to the remainders that are not mailed out?
Effective June 24, 2010, you will have the option to ship the remainders to your default
address, drop ship the remainders to an address of your choosing, or have Printbuys, Inc.
recycle them for you.
14. Can we use our own permit instead of Printbuys's?
No, mailing service is only offered to customers that want to use Printbuys's permit.
15. Does Printbuys mail for Non-Profit organizations?
Yes, if you have a Non-Profit account with USPS
16. Can an extra line be added to the addressing lines?
Our standard pricing includes a maximum 5 lines. Additional lines may require an extra setup and setup charge. Please call for details.
17. Can we ink jet on Printbuys's products using a different mailing house?
We do not guarantee or recommend this. Our ink jet machine uses a solvent-based ink and has a heating system to dry the ink. If you would still like to use a different mailing house, we suggest taking a sample of the product you will order to the mailing house for their approval.
18. Is mailing service offered on jobs done by other printers?
No, mailing service can only be done with jobs printed by Printbuys Inc. We cannot address or tab jobs done by other printers as well.
19. What types of files are acceptable for mailing list?
20. What class of mail is offered?
We accept the following formats: .xls (Excel [recommended]), .csv (Comma delimited), .txt (ASCII text file)
- 200 pieces required to qualify for Presort Standard.
- Post office delivery time is estimated two weeks.
- Cheapest postage rate but longest delivery time.
||Presorted First Class
- 500 pieces required to qualify for Presort First Class.
- Post office delivery time is estimated 1 - 3 business days.
||Non-Presort First Class
- 200 pieces to qualify for Non-Presort First Class.
- Post office delivery time is estimated 1- 3 business days.
- Non-Presort First Class is the same as placing a stamp on an envelope (no discount).
- 200 pieces to qualify for Non-Profit mail.
- Customer needs to provide proper documentation to qualify for Non-Profit rate. *(PS Form 3623)
- Post office delivery time is estimated two weeks (Same as Presort Standard).
- Uses customer's Non-Profit account with Printbuys's permit number.